Friday, February 19, 2016

How has Voting Helped Me?

Frequently I see people who ask what good is voting?  And many Black people ask me what has voting for Obama done for me?

Obama extended health coverage with Cobra Laws during the last recession after they expired. I was able to have my health coverage extended when I was fighting cancer. So probably I might dead if the Cobra health coverage wasn't extended by Obama.

Also the Obama admin orchestrated mortgage payment restructuring to be lower and more spread out. Without the lower payments my daughter and I might be homeless.

I know a lot of Black people personally who still have their homes because of mortgage restructuring. Also Barack Obama's administration extended unemployment insurance much longer than previous admins so me and a lot of Blacks were able to pay their bills during the last recession.

Obama admins supported net neutrality which stopped major corps from creating a multi-tiered speed Internet which would have made it impossible for small and Black entrepreneurs to compete on the Internet.

Also via the government I get medical and other forms of help for my daughter who has autism.
You asked for 1 I gave you a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment