Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Pray and Work to Make Our Communities Great Again

OK I'm tired of the nonsense! For all you deep Christian folks who are now Bible brow beating with the nonsense that we should capitulate to Trump because he's in authority over us I'm not going out like that - hell naw! Usually people of God especially prophets spoke truth to power.

Remember Moses, Amos, and other prophets spoke strong messages of social justice to those in power. You cherry pick some scriptures from Paul to tell us to acquiescence to those in authority.


Well I don't subscribe to the Euro-western mainstream interpretation and narrative of letting the powers that be crap all over me and my community. You can keep that nonsense! Unfriend me I don't give a crap.

Good bye and freakin good riddance! Let's get this in perspective.

Technically in a democracy we are the authorities. We don't have kings or lords in the US. And elected officials work for us. Trump is a public servant.

So I may pray for Trump because quite frankly I think he is mentally unstable and could do us and the world great harm.  However, I will be praying for economic development in our communities. Yesterday, I supported nothing but our own businesses all day. That's what I will be doing.

I'll be working and praying for the people of this country and especially our communities to build economic opportunity. Our Presidents are a reflection of a good deal of our people.

We get what we voted for and I could get into a Bible exegesis and historical context for the scripture theological and otherwise but I won't. I'd rather spend my focus and energy on economic development in my community.

The fact that we put Trump in office is a reflection of us. So I will pray for the people in this country. Trump is a mirror image of a large slice of the people in this nation.


Kamau's Qu!ps is Published by Kamau Austin. Austin is a popular Blogger with over 11,000 connections in social media.  Austin is an author, writer, and Internet Marketing Professional helping small businesses grow more profitable businesses online.

If you need web design, blogging, search engine or social media promotion contact him at Search Engine Plan








No comments:

Post a Comment