Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Why Many Black Businesses Need Multiple Streams of income

Me and My 2 Sisters

Black people usually need multiple streams of income because they get very little (less than 2%) in venture capital or angel investing equity financing to expand their businesses. So they are many times looking for other ways to generate income.

Our families also have less money to help us invest in businesses. The truth be told we get very little small business loans and federal contracts to grow to scale. We also get less job income statistically.

For instance the average Black college grad makes less money than White high school grads in the US. So you have to be looking for multiple streams of income constantly.

I definitely have income streams that make a lot more now than when I started in business. I am scared to think what would have happened to me if I wasn't looking to expand into multiple streams of income in the past. I'm still looking at ways to expand today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment