Monday, October 6, 2014

Do Oprah and Iyania Vanzant Hate Black Men?
















Recently there was a spirited post debated on Facebook.  One of my most provocative Facebook friends posted:

"My husband says he believes Iyanla and Oprah hate black men, based on the presentation on their shows. I really couldn't argue with him."

This is my take on Oprah and  Iyanla Vanzant.  I may have a different opinion than most Black men.

I don't think Oprah and Iyanla Vanzant hate black men. I think they love black men. The problem is not enough positive black men are showed in the major media so when Oprah and Iyanla show negative things it feels like an anti-black male pile on.

Moreover, I think Oprah does show and support positive black men. Unfortunately the media likes sensational stories however for high ratings. I often wonder where do you even find some of these guys who want to show their dirty laundry in such a fashion?  Many Black men point to ugly portrayals of Black men by Oprah on her show.


I will admit early on in Oprah's career she was very Jerry Springer (RIP) or Maury like. Over the years, in my opinion, her show turned into a more positive and inspiring show.

When I had time to watch television I loved Oprah in the most recent years. I didn't think she hated Black men and she even distanced herself from the Maury & Jerry Springer type of shows.

Iyanla Vanzant, I have never really watched her show much. But the media really uses sensationalism to get ratings.  And of course her show to some degree is a reflection of that.  I mean what dude gets 34 children from over 17 women pregnant in the world today?

That's some media freak show hype for real.  As a man who tries to date occasionally today I can say most women these days aren't just giving up their bodies and souls to just anybody.  Not in my age group any way.

Most of the women I meet these days, when you date them want to a perform a freakin forensic audit on you to see how much money you have.  Many want to do a background check on you. If you are over 40 and have a teenager or young child they won't even go out with you. LOL!


If you have more than 2 children these women are looking at you like you got a disease or something.  So to me the implications of the show that we have a bunch of free wheeling men and rachet women having babies like crazy is a reality distortion.  In fact blacks and whites are having less and less babies in real life.

The whole show is so outlandish which is why people are riveted to it.  Finally
Oprah, I especially don't think hates black men.  Iyanla is trying to make a passionate point and get ratings at the same time.

By the way -  in interest of self disclosure let me just say I love me some Oprah. Don't talk bad about my Oprah. LOL!


About the Publisher of Kamau's Qu!ps


Kamau's Qu!ps is Published by Kamau Austin. Kamau is a popular Blogger, Writer, and Internet Marketing Professional helping small businesses grow more profitable businesses online. If you need web design, blogging, search engine or social media promotion contact him at Search Engine Plan




Kamau's Qu!ps reaches over 30,000 web users a month through it's Blog and Social Media Promotions. For Advertising Opportunities visit our Advertising Page

No comments:

Post a Comment