Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Should Poverty Be an Excuse to be overweight?

I don't think poverty should be an excuse to be over weight. Here are some of my suggestions below...

You can get two big packages of farmers market veggies for $5. I buy low fat Chicken Tenders and breasts for $4 to $5. I broil and never fry. You can get whole wheat and veggie pasta for $2 a box and it will make a lot of pasta.

Oatmeal, plantains, and Sweet Potatos are good complex carbs and they spike up blood sugar less. I get generic oatmeal 2 for $4. Sweet Potatos I can get a whole bunch for $5. And I can get plantains for 4 for $3.

Eggs are not very expensive and I buy egg whites to make egg dishes with less fat. If a person cuts back on sugary cereals and buys oatmeal and puts bananas or Agave syrup in it they'd be amazed how much money they save.

Also if people would drink less sodas and juices that would save them a lot of money to buy higher grade proteins with less fat. People can buy good whole foods for less than the aggregate prices of all these fried, processed, and sugary foods.

Also you don't need a gym membership to get in shape. Pushups, situps, walking, stretching, and kick boxing/boxing/martial arts will get you into shape without a lot of money.

You can watch video on Youtube on working out techniques if you can't afford a personal trainer. Do ab workouts and cardio like jumping jacks. You don't need a lot of money to stay in shape if you really want to.

Also even if you don't have a computer to watch fitness videos you can go to the library and use the free computers in them. I actually launched two successful businesses at different times using free library computers. I hope some of my info helps someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment