Thursday, January 22, 2015

Don't Give UP on Life!

Being diagnosed with Cancer is very sobering and makes you stare your mortality in the face.  However, it isn't always a death sentence.  Keep the faith even when faced with grim health challenges.  

Me in My NJ Office during
tough times
I remember waking up after surgery and the doctor telling me I had some very serious health issues. The two worst ones were he removed a cancerous tumor from me the size of a lemon!

Second my PSA's were high and therefore I could also have Prostate cancer.  He said they would run tests and get back to me in a week with the results. But the least he could see was a tough round of Chemo.

Lord Jesus, I thought! How am I going to survive two forms of cancer at the same time when most people have a problem surviving one I thought?

Constantly I kept thinking: who would be there for my daughter?

It was the longest week of my life and I was getting sick because I couldn't sleep thinking about all that could happen. I thought to myself I have to get sleep to fight these illnesses.

So I adopted a simple mediation technique from Oprah and John Grey which helped me relax. I just simply stopped worrying about death, cancer, and sickness while focusing on the Love and Presence of God.

Then in Deep meditation God spoke to me and told me - what the Doctor would tell me.

Still Here and Still Working Out
IN the INNER realm of my being God told me the doctor would find no Prostate cancer despite high PSAs and I would have a treatable form of cancer although it would be rough.


One week later the Doctor told me exactly what God had revealed to me. From that point on I had a deeper relationship with God that - would never again be the same.

Life will throw you some curve balls. But you have to keep stepping up to home plate and swinging. When you see life with focus and keep swinging and you'll eventually hit a home run.

I have a Beautiful Daughter to help take care of so I couldn't afford to die. Subsequently I became crippled, ill from treatments, and abandoned. But I didn't give up on life.

That was over 9 years ago Doctor's told me I not only had one form of cancer but may have two forms of cancer at the same.  I remember thinking I'd probably die and never see my daughter grow up. Again I thought to myself how can I possibly fight off 2 forms of cancer at the same time?

I went through a few years of horrific treatments but the cancer keep coming back.


Then I had a talk with God. In short, I told the Lord that I can't take the brutal treatments and lack of quality of life I was enduring. I knew my daughter needed me here but - I wanted to be healed or go home to God.

Well the next time I went to the Doctor he said that "there's no evidence of Cancer." I asked if that meant the cancer was in remission.

He said "no this beyond remission there's no evidence of cancer at all!" Almost 9 years later I'm still here and working out and feeling pretty good.

Although life hasn't worked out the way I planned or all the way I would have liked but I thank God I'm still here.  If I make it to next Christmas 2015 that will be 10 years a cancer survivor.

I'm going to party for the whole month if this happens - God willing. LOL!  I wanna thank the doctors, nurses, my family, and all people who helped me along the way. But I am always mindful doctors can treat you but only: God can heal! Give God the glory for healing you everyday!  (c) Excerpt from future book Come BACK! by Kamau Austin

About the Publisher of Kamau's Qu!ps


Kamau's Qu!ps is Published by Kamau Austin. Kamau is a popular Blogger, Writer, and Internet Marketing Professional helping small businesses grow more profitable businesses online. If you need web design, blogging, search engine or social media promotion contact him at Search Engine Plan




Kamau's Qu!ps reaches over 30,000 web users a month through it's Blog and Social Media Promotions. For Advertising Opportunities visit our Advertising Page

No comments:

Post a Comment