Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pay the Love & Compassion Forward

I few weeks ago I didn't have humongous cash on me but I gave what I had to a homeless woman and when I went home discovered I had a nice payment from an online passive income source. This was nice.

Today, I broke up a fight with a bunch of teenagers and as I was walking home a city bus driver just stopped the bus in front of me and asked me if I wanted a ride. I was shocked! I told the driver thank him very much but "I like to walk."

I've decided after doing a lot of research on the amazing advances Blacks have made in this country to say "hello" to more people in my community or "good morning." Yep, I get those who don't wanna talk to a person they don't know, but I also get a lot of people who smile and greet me in a very civil way.

I wonder if we can turn around some of the surface coldness and aloofness in our communities by adding a little more warmness and civility to others in our neighborhoods. Can we make the world a little more livable and friendly by paying it forward with acts of kindness and love? Hhhhhhhm?

I challenge you to step outta of your comfort zone with compassion and concern. I bet you'll help minister to the life of others and also to your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment