Saturday, April 4, 2015

Are Sports and Fitness Girly to Sistas?

Laila Ali Epitomizes
Power and Beauty
My daughter yesterday got a note sent home to me asking if she can be in the fitness, track & field club? Obviously they can tell my daughter has athletic ability.

At 3 my daughter was enjoying walking with me for miles everyday. Today she exercises with me 5 times a week, we walk, sometimes run together.

So it doesn't surprise me they want her on a track & field and fitness team. The problem is my daughter doesn't think it's feminine to be on a sports team. Whoa?


Women have fought to have options to be in competitive and professional sports. Many have worked hard so women sports in college would receive scholarships like the men's teams and she thinks it isn't girly.

Girl - little Ms. Missy please if you have athletic ability please use it! Sigh!

What is it with some sistas that they don't think fitness and sports are girly? What can I do to encourage her to use sports perhaps to learn team work, camaraderie, friendship, and fitness? A brutha need some help from some fitness focused sistas. Please HELP!

My Daughter thinks Athletics isn't girly

About the Publisher of Kamau's Qu!ps


Kamau's Qu!ps is Published by Kamau Austin. Kamau is a popular Blogger, Writer, and Internet Marketing Professional helping small businesses grow more profitable businesses online. If you need web design, blogging, search engine or social media promotion contact him at Search Engine Plan




Kamau's Qu!ps reaches over 30,000 web users a month through it's Blog and Social Media Promotions. For Advertising Opportunities visit our Advertising Page


1 comment:

  1. Wow Mr K. God has blessed you with a gorgeous daughter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete