Saturday, April 11, 2015

Dad "God is Your Walking Partner"

My daughter has been going on long walks with me since she was 3. I've always enjoyed long walks. It helps me to decompress.

So my daughter has been my most consistent walking partner for about 12 years. As I've mentioned, in prior revelations about her, she has challenges and didn't walk until about 18 months or talk until about 3.

Her Pre-K teacher told me to name everything we saw as we walked every day when she was 3.  And I did just that.  A word she picked up really fast was restaurant (LOL I digress).  With much coaching from her teachers, mom, and myself she slowly learned to talk.

However, my daughter always had great energy and she would walk with me for miles even today.  In the early days of battling her autism (and trying to manage it) I couldn't help but wonder if she would ever understand and be able to converse about complex topics.  I wondered if she'd be able to understand the abstract concept of God.

So you understand as a backdrop I was very disappointed yesterday when my daughter said to me "no daddy I don't want to go with you for a walk."  I tried to compel her by pointing out the fact it was the first really nice sunny day in New York City in a long time - like weeks.  But I couldn't get her to budge.  I couldn't coax her outside.



Finally the little 15 year old (going on 35) smarty pants said "Dad you don't need me - God is your walking partner!"  Wow that really took me aback and made me reflect.  Yep, she was right.

God has walked with me through gang fights, race wars, devastating hard times, illness and betrayals.  Like all of us - life has thrown me some curve balls and challenges. Well I for one am glad I decided to let God walk with me.

I am honored because God has walked with me despite all my flaws. God accepts us as we are but when you walk with God you will never be the same.


God has been there for me when nobody else wanted to walk with me.  Let God walk with you as a friend and mentor.

People may be tired, weary, or move on to other things but God can be your consistent walking partner.  I've overcome many challenges in life only by walking with God.  I would have been crushed without God.

But don't worry.  Walk with God and you'll naturally draw the Spiritual sojourners in this life we all need.  This is because we need others to walk with us too.

My daughter is becoming quite the little evangelist preacher in her own right.  Don't sleep on her on Spiritual things. I certainly don't.

So she's grown to understand a thing or too about God which given her growth and development is a miracle right there.

I wonder if tomorrow I can get her to go on a walk -  just the 3 of us?  Daddy, daughter, and God: A powerful combination.



About the Publisher of Kamau's Qu!ps

Kamau's Qu!ps is Published by Kamau Austin. Kamau is a popular Blogger, Writer, and Internet Marketing Professional helping small businesses grow more profitable businesses online. If you need web design, blogging, search engine or social media promotion contact him at Search Engine Plan

Kamau's Qu!ps reaches over 30,000 web users a month through it's Blog and Social Media Promotions. For Advertising Opportunities visit our Advertising Page 

No comments:

Post a Comment